Hi! My name is Kim and I photograph weddings, engagements, families, and individuals. Wedding Collections begin at $1750. For a personalized quote, please email me at kimhawkinsphotography@gmail.com.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Katherine & Andrew Kinnaman {Abilene Wedding}


"Circle me and the needle moves gracefully back and forth, 
If my heart was a compass, you'd be North."

Andrew & Katherine's wedding day was peppered with special details. Katherine wore a compass charm around her neck, while piped compasses adorned the wedding cake. I absolutely loved the above line from "If My Heart Was a House" by Owl City that was delicately written on a sign at the reception. You'll see Katherine & Andrew holding it at the very end of this post. 

Katherine & Andrew were a delight to be around. They were the picture of calm excitement throughout the day, and the ceremony, full of fun details about their relationship, revealed a couple who is woven together in mind and in heart. 

I hope you enjoy these images from their day!





Isn't Katherine's hair stunning? Her long locks would look beautiful in any style, but this woven partial up-do took my breath away. So lovely. 

Victorian poetry + wedding rings? Yes, please. 


All of the flowers were arranged by the very talented Lindy Floral




The groom's crew was dressed early :)










I loved that the ceremony was so full of laughter and fun!










Congratulations, Katherine & Andrew! Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day!

1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

Oh my god! This is perfect. I loved the way groom’s side and bridesmaid’s have been captured. It is a fantastic idea. My wedding is also around the corner and is in one of the finest NYC wedding venues. My sister is my photographer and therefore, I can easily share this idea with her because I want to have some fun like this during the shoot.